I do not know about you, but in my youth I dreamed of going to study abroad! And not in Hogwarts, but in a place that is actually real, like Oxford or Princeton. Perhaps then I did not understand all the advantages and benefits of such training. I was just attracted to the small campuses and the ridiculous mantles of graduates. But if you want to try your luck, you will need a certificate confirming proficiency in English at a high enough level. Now, if you are reading this article, you are on the right track, but one must also have a document to show for.
If we talk about the basic and most requested certificates, then you have 2 main ones: TOEFL or CAE. CAE, for example, has received recognition in more than 5,000 private and public educational institutions. And this is not surprising, because teaching in English is very often conducted even in the places where it is not the main language. There are lots of countries that have many English scholarships available to foreign students, including:
- Hong Kong
- Latin America
You can also take an exam like IELTS, CPE and TOEFL. But there are high expectations:
- IELTS Academic: 6.5;
- CPE: Certificate;
- CAE: C or above;
- TOEFL: 90 (internet-based) and 570 (paper-based).
Today one of the most popular places for learning are Scandinavian countries. There you won’t pay a dime for it and education is one of the best in the world in terms of its quality. They take all sorts of certificates. The main ones are:
- IELTS Academic
- For English 8: an overall mark of 7,0 and no section below 6;
- For English 7: an overall mark of 6,5 and no section below 5,5;
- For English 6: an overall mark of 5,5 and no section below 5,0.
Parameters may vary depending on a training program you want to choose. Here’s TOEFL:
- For English 8: Score of 4,5 (scale 1-6) in written test, total score of 610;
- For English 6: Score of 4,5 (scale 1-6) in written test, total score of 590;
- For English 5: Score of 4,0 (scale 1-6) in written test, total score of 535.
- For English 7: Score of 21 (scale 1-30) in written test, total score of 100;
- For English 6: Score of 21 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 92;
- For English 5: Score of 18 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 73.
The list of certificates that also count includes FCE, CMLA and Pearson PTE Academic. Clarify all you need directly with the selection committee.Registration process
This is one of the important stages of this entire process, but it is good that in this age of globalization and developed technologies it is not so difficult. If you decide to take some of the Cambridge Exams, you can easily find out the location of a center that is close to you on the internet. You can then register online or simply contact a training center via phone. Their staff will help you out and give all the answers you need. You can get registered for TOEFL online.
Thanks meet ukrainian ladies for article.